Automobile Engineering Course Details: Check out the Automobile Engineering Course Details. Nowadays people are showing more interest in Engineering courses, especially in the Automobile field. If you are searching for the details of Automobile Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article, we are going to provide the Automobile Engineering Course Details like About Automobile Engineering, Automobile Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article Automobile Engineering Course Details to get complete information about Automobile Engineering.
Other Links :
- Chemical Engineering Course Details 2021 – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Civil Engineering Course Details – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Automobile Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||The average fee ranges between INR 60,000 and 15,40,000|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in a relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with a minimum of 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Automobile Engineers in India||Available|
|Job Vacancies for Automobile Engineers in Other countries||Available|
|Automobile Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is between Rs.8,00,000 & Rs. 10,00,000|
|Automobile Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $136,230|
About Automobile Engineering Course Details
Automobile Engineering or Automotive Engineering is a branch of vehicle & Mechanical engineering. The course offers specialization in vehicle designing, repairing, testing, and assembling. It is also the field incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software & safety engineering as applied to the design, manufacture & operation of motorcycles, automobiles & trucks, and their respective engineering subsystems. It also includes vehicle modification. The study of automobile engineering is to design, develop, fabricate and test vehicles /vehicle components from the stage of concept to production. Manufacturing, development, and Production are the three major functions in this field.
Automobile Engineering Course Details – Duration
Automotive Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and at the postgraduate level, it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Automobile Engineering mainly focuses on topics i.e., design, manufacturing, and working of vehicles such as cars, buses, motorcycles, etc., Important subjects in Automotive Engineering are as follows:
- Engineering Physics
- Elements of Electrical Engineering
- Mechanics of Solids
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Graphics
- Machine Design and Industrial Drafting
- Automobile Air Conditioning System
- Vehicle Dynamics
- Mechanical Measurements
- Manufacturing Process
- Fluid Mechanics
- Dynamics of Machines
- Automobile Engines
- Automobile Systems
- Control Engineering
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Military/Special purpose Vehicles Design
- Two Wheeler/Three Wheeler Design and Technology
- Alternative Fuels and Engines
Automobile Engineering Course Details – Qualification & Eligibility
The Automobile Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
- For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in the Science stream of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects with a minimum of 55% score from a recognized board of education are eligible to pursue this course.
- Students must also have taken part in the State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates to take part in the admission process.
- For a Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Automotive Engineering with a minimum of 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Automobile Engineering colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Sathyabama University, Chennai
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology (HIET), Chennai
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (SSET), Cochin
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai
- SRM University, Chennai
Scope & Career Opportunities in Automobile Engineering
There are many career chances for Automobile Engineering Course. Automobile Engineering graduates have a wide range of scope in the Automobile Industry. As Automobile Engineers they could choose to be:
- Automobile Engineer
- Engineering Technicians
- Material Processing Specialist
- Design Engineer
- Safety Testing Specialist
- Vehicle dynamics Engineer
- Research and Development Engineer
- Material purchase manager
- Quality Control Executive
After completion of a Master’s degree program in this field, one may take up a teaching job at Engineering or other Technical Institutes. And after Ph.D., one may work as Research & Development professional also.
Role & Responsibilities of Automobile Engineers
The automobile engineer’s role is to work as part of a responsible team for vehicle design, development, manufacture, and testing. Automotive engineers are involved in the design, manufacture, distribution, marketing & sales of vehicles, cars (including racing cars), motorbikes, and other commercial vehicles. Responsibilities of Automobile Engineers are to be as follows:
- Assessing project requirements.
- Interpreting & analyzing results and data.
- Agreeing and negotiating project budgets, time scales, and specifications with managers & clients.
- Sourcing vehicle components & selecting the best materials to use
- Providing technical advice and answering queries from clients
- Using specialist computer modeling software to produce designs
- Developing and implementing test procedures
- Building prototypes of components make tests on
- Organizing and carrying out tests.
- Making vehicle improvements in response to customer feedback
- Investigating and solving problems, ex. mechanical failures
- Working closely with suppliers
- Giving presentations
- Undertaking relevant research
- Writing reports and documentation
- Supervising junior staff.
Salaries of Automotive Engineers
The average annual salary for Automobile Engineers is $136,230. The salaries of Automobile Engineers which half of them in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The highest 10 percent earned more than $126,230, and the lowest 10 percent earned less than $79,260. The average salary of Automobile Engineers in India is generally between 6-10 Lakh rupees per anum.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Automobile Engineering Course Details 2021 like About Automobile Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.