Download Astronomy and Astrophysics Study Materials 2020. In this article, we are going to provide the Study Notes for the School of Sciences. This subject will come mostly for M.Sc & B.Sc in Physics. You can download these books from our Exams Time website that are free of cost. We have provided the materials for the important aspects of the Basics of Astronomy, Solar System and Stars, Astrophysics, etc. Science students can download these Study Materials which will be useful for their Exam Preparation.
Other Links :
- Understanding the Environment
- Energy and Environment
- Mathematical Methods in Physics III
- Natural Resource Management
Table of Contents
Astronomy and Astrophysics Study Materials
|Name of the Subject||Astronomy and Astrophysics|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||B.Sc, M.Sc (Physics)|
|Course Type||Under Graduation and Post Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Study Materials 2020|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Astrophysics Study Books
Chapters & Topics
Basics of Astronomy
- Astronomical Scales
- Basic Concepts of Positional Astronomy
- Astronomical Techniques
- Physical Principles
The Solar System and the Stars
- The Sun
- The Solar Family
- Stellar Spectra and Classification
- Stellar Structure
From Stars to our Galaxy
- Star Formation
- Nucleosynthesis and Stellar Evolution
- Compact Stars
- The Milky Way
Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Active Galaxies
- Large Scale Structure the Expanding Universe
Subject in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Master of Science, Bachelor of Science in Physics. The following university students can also download Astronomy and Astrophysics study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Pondicherry University
Subject in the Semesters
Astronomy and Astrophysics subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Sc Physics III Semester
- M.Sc Physics I Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Astronomy and Astrophysics subject :
|Basics of Astronomy||Download|
|Solar System and the Stars||Download|
|From Stars to our Galaxy||Download|
|Astronomy and Astrophysics||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Astronomy and Astrophysics subject :
- What is meant by Chandrasekhar limit?
- What is Solar Flare?
- Distinguish between Absolute and Apparent luminosity of stars.
- What is an Asteroid?
- What are binary stars?
- What is Bodes law used for?
- What is the disadvantage of a Newtonian telescope?
- What is the difference between Absorption and Emission spectra?
- What are pulsars?
- Write a short note on the Hubble space telescope.
- How is the rotational period of stars obtained from its spectra?
- Describe the distance, mass, time and temperature scales used in astronomy and astrophysics.
- Define angular magnification, light-gathering power and resolving power of a telescope.
- Describe different types of reflecting telescopes and telescope mountings?
- Explain how the atmosphere affects the incoming starlight?
- Describe the different detectors and techniques used for observations?
- Describe different layers of the Sun’s atmosphere?
- Describe some of the observed features such as sunspot, prominence and solar flare associated with solar activity?
- explain the role of the Sun’s magnetic field in solar activity?
- Derive the basic results of solar magnetohydrodynamics?
- Explain the seismology of the Sun.
- Describe the planets of the solar system?
- Explain the nebular model of the solar system;
- Discuss the role of gravitational forces in generating tides and in the formation of Earth’s tidal bulge and planetary rings?
- Discuss the possible existence of extra-solar planets?
- Explain the atomic origin of emission and absorption spectra?
- Discuss the correlation between the strength of spectral lines of an element and the temperature of the region containing the elements?
- List the spectral types of stars and their characteristic features;
- Discuss the salient features of different groups of stars on the H-R diagram?
- Describe the need for luminosity classification of stars?
- Describe the size of a star on the basis of its luminosity class.
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of Astronomy and Astrophysics Study Materials. Share this article with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.