Check out the Agriculture Courses in India. Career in Agriculture plays a good role for best employment opportunities. Now a days many students are interested in taking Agriculture as a Career. It is very good to hear this, as many of them are having their own interest and passion towards their Career. As candidates are searching for Agriculture related Programs to be chosen after 10th, 12th / Inter / Diploma and Graduation. So, we have come up with this article, to provide the list of various Agriculture Courses. There are many Courses such as Certificate, Diploma, Doctoral, Masters, Bachelor Courses etc in Agriculture Career. We have provided the Popular Courses in Agriculture, Eligibility Conditions and other details through this article, Continue reading to get more information of Agriculture Career.
Table of Contents
Agriculture Course Details
Agriculture Applications are in Progress in many Government & Private Colleges. The Admissions will begin in the month of March and continue to August. For admissions in UG Courses will be allowed only after 10th / 12th / Inter / Diploma. Applicants will be eligible for PG admissions only after Degree completion in Agriculture Sector.
Depending on course you choose, Agriculture Course duration would be 1 year to 4 years. and the Fee of Agriculture course would be Rs.10,000 to Rs.50,000 per year. It is based on the college / university.
|B.Sc Agriculture||12th / Inter / Diploma||10,000 – 60,000 per year||4 years|
|Diploma in Agriculture||10th||5,000 – 2 Lacs||2 years|
|B.E. or B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering||12th / Inter / Diploma||Rs 50, 000 – 1.5 Lacs||4 years|
|M.Sc Agriculture||Degree||Rs 50, 000 – 1.5 Lacs||2 years|
|Ph.D in Any Agriculture Related Course||Bachelor Degree & Master Degree||Rs 20,000 and 1.5 Lacs||3 years|
Agriculture also has many job chances in India. Students can apply for jobs in private and govt sectors in Agriculture Field. Some of the agriculture job roles are Crop Specialist, Food Micro biologist, Food Researcher, Plant Genecist, Soil Surveyor, Farm Manager.
After completing Graduation, candidates can give self empolyment to themselves by building own business like Agriculture Firms, Agriculture Products, Agri base Industry etc.
A Graduate in Agriculture can easily get 3 – 4 lacs per year in India. Some of the job sectors where a candidate with Agriculture Degree are Agro Industry Sector, Services Sector, Agricultural Engineering, Estates and Tea Gardens, Agriculture Management.
The following are the top specializations in Agriculture Sector :
- Agriculture Economics
- Plant Breeding
- Agriculture Genetics
- Weed sciences
- Agriculture Entomology
- Agriculture Microbiology
- Soil science and Agri chemistry
List of Agriculture Courses in India
The Agriculture Courses in India will be as follows :
- Diploma Courses
- Example : Diploma in Agriculture, Horticulture.
- Bachelor Courses
- Example : B.Sc Agriculture, B.Sc in Plant Science
- Master Courses
- Example : M.Sc in Agriculture, M.Sc in Agricultural Botany.
- Doctoral Courses
- Example : Ph.D in Agricultural Entomology
- Certificate Courses
- Example : Certificate course in Bio-fertilizer Production
Students should be alert in applying for the agriculture programs through Entrance Exam or Merit Base at National, State or University level. Some of the Agriculture Entrance Exams are ICAR AIEAA, BCECE, JCECE, KEAM, MP PAT.
Career in Agriculture After 10th Class
Any type of Certificate and Diploma Courses can be joined to start a career in Agriculture after 10th. Here are the list courses mentioned to you :
- Certificate in Agriculture Science
- Certificate course in Food & Beverage Service
- Certificate course in Bio-fertilizer Production
- Diploma in Agriculture
- Diploma in Food Processing
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Horticulture
- Diploma in Floriculture
Career in Agriculture After 12th / Inter / Diploma
Candidates who have completed 12th / Inter or Diploma can join the following Courses.
- Bachelor of Science (Honors) in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Crop Physiology
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Agricultural Information Technology
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Dairy Technology
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Agriculture and Dairy Technology
- B.E. or B.Tech. in Agricultural and Food Engineering
- B.Sc. in Agriculture
- B.Sc. in Dairy Science
- B.Sc. in Plant Science
- B.Sc. in Agricultural Biotechnology
- B.Sc. in Agriculture and Food Science
- B.Sc. in Horticulture
- B.Sc. in Fisheries Science
- B.Sc. in Plant Pathology
- B.Sc. Forestry
- BBA in Agriculture Management
Ph.D Career in Agriculture After Degree (under Graduation)
The below courses are for the candidates who have completed their Graduation in Agriculture Field :
Master Degree Courses
- Master of Science in Agriculture
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences
- Master of Science in Agriculture Botany
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture Biotechnology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Entomology
Hope this article, will be useful to the students to get the details about Agriculture Courses in India. We have provided the List of Courses in Agriculture Field after 10th, 12th / Inter / Diploma / Degree. I advise the students to choose the best course relating to their qualification and interest. Keep visiting our website Exams Time for more Course Details. Share this article with your friends. Click on “Allow” notifications to get the latest updates of this website.