Check out the Agricultural Engineering Course Details. May be Agricultural Engineering is unattractive but the fact is, it is highly job oriented. Candidates who are interested in Agricultural field, they may pursue this Agricultural Engineering course. If you are searching for the details of Agricultural Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article, we are going to provide the Agricultural Engineering Course Details like About Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete details about Agricultural Engineering.
Other Links :
- Biomedical Engineering Course Details 2019 – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Dance Choreographer Career Options after 10th / 12th – Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
Table of Contents
Agricultural Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 1 to 4 Lakh for 4 years|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Agricultural Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Agricultural Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Agricultural Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is between Rs.2 lakh to 4.5 lakh|
|Agricultural Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary $59,813|
About Agricultural Engineering
Agricultural engineering has the discipline that studies agricultural production and processing relates to the science and technology of producing food grains. It applies principles of engineering sci.&tech to production and processing in this field. Agricultural Engineering program combines the concepts & techniques of Agriculture & modern technology and Engineering practices. The knowledge of agriculture principles gets combined with animal biology, plant biology and also principles of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical & Chemical Engineering. A key goal is to improve the efficiency and sustainability of agricultural practices.
Courses & Duration
Agricultural Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Agricultural Engineering consists of following core subjects:
- Environment Science
- Land Surveying and Leveling
- Food Processing and Quality
- Biological Materials
- Computer Programming and Utilization
- Agriculture Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Agriculture Business and Marketing
- Irrigation Engineering
- Theory of Machines
- Information Technology Basics
- Computer Graphics
- Dairy Engineering
- Soil Mechanics
- Agriculture Machinery
- Water Resource Management
- Energy and Sources
- Food storage
- Product Preservation
- Renewable Energy sources
- Electrical Machines
- Strength of Materials
- Water resources and working of pumps
- Drainage Engineering
Qualification & Eligibility
The Agricultural Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
- For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education.
- Students must also have taken part in Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part of admission process.
- For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university.
Top 10 Agricultural Engineering colleges in India
- National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI), Karnal
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Delhi
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU), Hyderabad
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (CCSHAU), Hisar
- University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS), Bangalore
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Coimbatore
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology (GBPUA&T), Uttarakhand
- Punjab Agricultural University (PAU), Ludhiana
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI)
- Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE), Mumbai
Agricultural Engineering career and scope
State agriculture depts. recruit Agriculture Engineers at district & sub-district levels for processing farm mechanization. Jobs in tractor-manufactures, irrigation companies, fertilizer & seed companies and dairy firms. They may also have many job opportunities in both Government and Private sectors. After pursuing their degree in Agricultural Engineering, they may take up jobs like:
- Agricultural Officer
- Farm Manager
- Quality Assurance Officer
- Process Manager
- Research Engineer
- Purchase Manager
Role & Responsibilities of Agricultural Engineer
- Implement agricultural engineer programs to improvise quality standards in agricultural products.
- Design & develop farming machines, implements and equipment like conveyors & drag chains.
- Counsel & educate farmers and agriculturalists on latest farming issues & techniques.
- Plan, develop and initiate fertilization programs and harvesting cycles.
- Develop and manage irrigation processes and issues.
- Conducts research on latest trends in agricultural engineering & farming aspects.
- Interact and coordinate with farming professionals, agronomists, agricultural technicians & farmers.
- Interact with agricultural vendors, clients and government organizations.
- Increase farm production through agricultural engineering methods.
Salaries of Agricultural Engineers
The Annual average salary of Agricultural Engineer is $59,813 per year. The highest pay is more than $73,640 per year and the lowest pay is less than $45,510 per year. The average starting salary of Agricultural Engineers in India is Rs.3,29,675 and the average salary per month is Rs.20,216 and salary of Agricultural Engineer per hour is Rs.80.50.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Agricultural Engineering Course Details like About Agricultural Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Job opportunities, Salaries, Eligibility, Role & responsibilities.