Aerospace Engineering Course Details : Check out the Aerospace Engineering Course Details 2021. Aerospace Engineering is a branch which deals with the study of design, construction, and science of aircraft and spacecraft. Candidates who have an interest in Aeronautics may pursue the Aerospace Engineering course. If you are searching for the details of Aerospace Engineering, then this is the right article to get complete information. Through this article Aerospace Engineering Course Details, we are going to provide the Aerospace Engineering course Details like About Aerospace Engineering, Aerospace Engineering colleges, courses, Career, Jobs, Pay scale & Job opportunities. Complete reading this article to get complete details about Aerospace Engineering.
Other Links :
- Computer Animation Course Details 2021 – Career Options, Jobs, Salary, Opportunities
- Hardware and Networking Course Details – Career after 10th /12th
Table of Contents
Aerospace Engineering Course Details
|Duration||4 years for UG degree and 2 years for PG degree|
|Fees||Average fee ranges between INR 6 to 9 lacs for 4 years|
|Qualification||Minimum eligibility is (10+2) with 50% marks in relevant subject and for PG courses is B.tech in relevant subject with minimum 55% from a recognized university|
|Course available in India||Yes|
|Course available in other countries||Yes|
|Job Vacancies for Aerospace Engineers in India||Available
|Job Vacancies for Aerospace Engineers in Other countries||Available
|Aerospace Engineers salary in India (per year)||Average salary is between Rs.675,200 to Rs.8,19,946|
|Aerospace Engineers Salary in other countries (per year)||Average salary is around $80,864|
About Aerospace Engineering Course Details
Aerospace is a specialized branch of engineering which deals with the design & development of aircraft’s and space crafts. It is a is the primary field of engineering concerned with the development of aircraft and spacecraft. It has two primary and overlapping branches. They are aeronautical engineering and astronautical engineering. Avionics engineering is nothing but deals with the electronics side of aerospace engineering. This engineering was the original term for the field. The course curriculum covers aspects of two branches of engineering i.e., Aeronautical and Astronautical engineering. This course also focuses on new technology in aviation, defense systems, and space exploration.
Aerospace Engineering Course Details – Duration
Aerospace Engineering course is a 4 years Undergraduate course consists of 8 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months and in postgraduate level it is a 2 years Master’s degree course consists of 4 semesters, where each semester lasts a period of 6 months. Aerospace Engineering consists of following core subjects:
- Fluid Dynamics
- Materials sciences
- Finite Element Methods
- Aero Engine and Airframe
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Aircraft Materials and Processes
- Structural Analysis
- Automatic Control and Guidance
- Aircraft Performance and Aircraft Structures
- Wind Tunnel Techniques
- Aircraft Systems and Instruments
- CAD and Aircraft Component Drawing
- Elements of Aeronautics
- Aero Engineering Thermodynamics
- Manufacturing Technology
- Transforms and Partial Differential Equations
Aerospace Engineering Course Details – Qualification & Eligibility
The Aerospace Engineering Course Details also requires the following eligibility and qualification :
- For Bachelor’s degree, candidates have to pass (10+2) in Science stream of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects with minimum 55% score from a recognized board of education.
- Students must also have taken part in State level Entrance exam to be considered as eligible candidates in the part of admission process.
- For Master’s degree, candidates have to pass Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering with minimum 55% from a recognized university. Aspirants should also have their medical check up like Good Eye Sight, Acute Observation Power, Ability to handle sudden crisis situations, Effective communication skills, Analytical Brain.
Top 10 Aerospace Engineering colleges in India
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras
- IIT Karagpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIST Tiruvanatapuram
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai
- Nehru College of Aeronautical & Applied Science , Coimbatore
- School of Aviation Science and Technology , Delhi
- Panjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
Career and scope in Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering offers some of the most exciting opportunities & jobs in some of the top companies and reputed sectors. With a number of private companies and ventures entering into aerospace technology, the opportunities are getting bigger and better. This field gives freedom to candidates to become a pilot or an opportunity to roam in space. Following are the job prospects for Aerospace Engineering candidates-
- ISRO- Indian Space Research Organisation.
- National Aeronautical Laboratory
- Civil Aviation Department
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories
- Can also opt for green pastures in a foreign country.
- Jobs are available at the National, international, public, and private Airline Services as well as aircraft-manufacturing units.
Role & Responsibilities of Aerospace Engineer
Aerospace Engineer role is to Perform a variety of engineering work in designing, constructing, and testing aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft. They may conduct basic and applied research to evaluate adaptability of materials and equipment to aircraft design and manufacture. Some of the responsibilities of Aerospace Engineer are as follows:
- Formulate conceptual design of aerospace or aeronautical products / systems to meet customer requirements.
- Plan & conduct experimental, environmental, operational and stress level tests on models and prototypes of aircraft & aerospace systems and equipment.
- Direct & coordinate activities or technical personnel designing, fabricating, modifying or testing of products.
- Evaluate product data & design from inspections and reports to engineering principles, customer requirements, and quality standards
- Develop design criteria for aeronautical / aerospace products or systems, including testing methods, production costs, quality standards and completion dates.
- Formulate mathematical models & other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design according to customer requirements.
- Analyze project requests & proposals and engineering data to determine feasibility, productibility, cost, and production time of aerospace / aeronautical product.
- Write technical reports and other documentation such as handbooks & bulletins, for use by engineering staff, management and customers.
Salaries of Aerospace Engineers
The Annual average salary of Aerospace Engineer is $80,864 per year. The highest pay is more than $109,650 per year and the lowest pay is less than $65,620 per year.The average starting salary of Aerospace Engineers in India is Rs 7,96,451 and the average salary per month is Rs.52,128 and salary of Aerospace Engineer per hour is Rs.360.00.
Hope you may get the Complete Information about Aerospace Engineering Course Details 2021 like About Aerospace Engineering, Colleges, Courses, Career, Role & responsibilities, Salaries, Eligibility & Job opportunities.