Abstract Algebra Study Materials: Download Abstract Algebra Study Materials 2021. In this article Abstract Algebra Study Materials, we are going to provide Study Notes for the School of Sciences. This subject is very important for B.Sc (Mathematics). This subject covers the topics of Elementary Group Theory, Elementary Ring Theory, Integral Domains, Elementary Ring Theory, etc. Through this article, you can download Unit wise PDFs, Chapters, Topics, and Important Questions. Read the below article Abstract Algebra Study Materials, to download the material PDFs.
Other Links :
Table of Contents
Abstract Algebra Study Materials
Abstract algebra is the set of advanced topics of algebra that deal with abstract algebraic structures rather than the usual number systems. The most important of these structures are groups, rings, and fields.
- Solving of systems of linear equations, which led to linear algebra
- Attempts to find formulas for solutions of general polynomial equations of higher degree that resulted in discovery of groups as abstract manifestations of symmetry
- Arithmetical investigations of quadratic and higher degree forms and diophantine equations, that directly produced the notions of a ring and ideal.
|Name of the Subject||Abstract Algebra|
|Category||School of Sciences|
|Useful for||Bachelor of Science|
|Course Type||Under Graduation Courses|
|Article on||Abstract Algebra Study Materials 2021|
|Study Material Format|
|Download Other Study Materials||Click Here|
Abstract Algebra Study Books
The books given here are the best books for gaining good knowledge in Abstract algebra.
- Abstract Algebra Counselling Part- 2
- Abstract Algebra Counselling Part-1
- Generalizing Arithmetic to Algebra
- Generalizing Arithmetic to Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Basic Algebra
- The Essence of Mathematics
- Nature, Need and Place of Mathematics in School Curriculum
Chapters & Topics
In algebra, which is a broad division of mathematics, abstract algebra is the study of algebraic structures. Algebraic structures include groups, rings, fields, modules, vector spaces, lattices, and algebras. Because of its generality, abstract algebra is used in many fields of mathematics and science.
Elementary Group Theory
- Lagrange’s Theorem
- Sets and Functions
Some More Group Theory
- Finite Groups
- Permutation Groups
- Group Homomorphisms
- Normal Subgroups
Elementary Ring Theory
- Ring Homomorphisms
- Subrings and Ideals
Integral Domains and Fields
- Irreducibility and Field Extensions
- Special Integral Domains
- Polynomial Rings
- The Basics
Subjects in the Universities
This subject will be useful to the students who are pursuing a Bachelor of Science. The following university students can also download Abstract Algebra study materials :
- Uttarakhand Open University
- University of Calicut
- Pondicherry University
Subjects in the Semesters
Because of its generality, abstract algebra is used in many fields of mathematics and science. For instance, algebraic topology uses algebraic objects to study topologies. Abstract Algebra subject will be studied by the students in the following semesters of their respective courses :
- B.Sc Mathematics III Semester
Unit wise PDFs
Download Unit wise PDFs of Abstract Algebra subject :
|Elementary Group Theory||Download|
|Some More Group Theory||Download|
|Elementary Ring Theory||Download|
|Integral Domains and Fields||Download|
We have mentioned some of the important questions of Abstract Algebra subject :
- What is the inverse of f: R -> R: f(x) = x/3?
- In each of the following questions, both f and g are functions from R + R. Define f o g and g o f.
- f(x) = 5x, g(x) = x + 5
- f(x) = 5x, g(x) = x/5
- f(x) = 1 x I, g(x) = x².
- If A x B = ( (7,2), (7, 3). (7,4), (2,2), (2,3), (2,4) ), determine A and B.
- For any subsets A. B, C of a set S, show that
- (A∩B)∩C =A∩(B∩C)
- Let R be a ring with unity 1 and char R =m. Define f : Z + R : f(n) = n. I. Show that f is a homomorphism. What is Kerf?
- Show that. in F is associative, commutative, distributive over +, and [1,1] is the multiplicative identity for F.
- The polynomial x4’+ 4 can be factored into linear factors in Z5 [x]. Find this factorization.
Recommended books for Abstract Algebra
The books that are useful for knowing about Abstract Algebra are given here. These are available online and can be downloaded for learning.
- Abstract Algebra: Theory and Applications, by Thomas W Judson, Hardcover Publication
Concrete Abstract Algebra: From Numbers to Grobner Bases, by Niels Lauritzen, Paperback Publication
We hope this article will be useful to the candidates to get the details of the Abstract Algebra Study Materials. Share this article Abstract Algebra Study Materials with your friends. Click on the ” Allow ” button to get the latest updates of our Exams Time website regarding Study Materials of any subject, Universities, Admit Card, Results and still many more.