English Vocabulary : Word of the Day Onus
Onus – दायित्व, कर्तव्य, बोझ |
albatross, burden, charge, bear, duty, encumbrance, liability, load,
millstone round one’s neck, obligation, responsibility.
Onus in a sentence:
- Onus on government, AIFF to lift Indian football.
- Onus lies on Kathmandu to ease crisis.
- First Onus on Food Recall Lies with Business Operator.
- The onus is not on the school. It is on us as parents.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning:
- On + Us… tumhara burden mere upar hai.