1. Nation Celebrates 127th Ambedkar Jayanti
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI) based app BHIM that was launched by PM Modi has been named after Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
ii. The Prime Minister also launched Health and Wellness Centre under Ayushman Bharat scheme in Jangala village of Karnataka. This health and wellness centre will have the facility of teleconsultation.
ii. The MoUs were signed during third India-Russia Military-Industrial Conference held on the sidelines of DefExpo 2018.
- INDRA (Naval Exercise) is a joint, bi-annual military exercise conducted by India and Russia starting in 2003.
5. India Mobile Congress 2018 to be Held in New Delhi
i. India Mobile Congress will be held in October 2018 at Aerocity in New Delhi.
ii. It is one of the biggest marquee Mobile, Internet and Technology events in Asia, organized by Department of Telecommunications and Cellular Operators Association of India.
- Chanda Kochhar is the MD & CEO of ICICI Bank.
- ICICI Bank Headquarters in Mumbai.
- HDFC Bank- India’s largest private bank by market capitalization.
- HDFC Bank Chairman-Aditya Puri.
- The Liberalised Remittance Scheme (LRS) was introduced on February 4, 2004, with a limit of USD 25,000.
- Urjit Patel- 24th Governor of RBI, Headquarters- Mumbai, Established on- 1st April 1935, in Kolkata.
- Chairman of SIDBI-Mohammed Mustafa, Founded- 2 April 1990, Headquarter- Lucknow.
- CSCs are one of the crucial enablers of the Digital India program that are the access points for delivery of various e-governance and business services to citizens in rural and remote areas of the country.
- President of the World Bank- Jim Yong Kim.
- Headquarters of World Bank: Washington, DC.
ii. The gold was Rajput’s third successive medal at the CWG, after having bagged silver and bronze in the 2014 and 2010 editions respectively. India’s Chain Singh stood fifth in the same event.
2. Neeraj Chopra, 1st Indian to Win Gold in Javelin Throw
ii. The 20-year-old junior world champion had made the final after achieving the qualifying mark in his very first throw. Neeraj was favourite for gold after his 85.94m throw in March 2018 at Patiala during the Federation Cup National Championships.
3. Mary Kom, 1st Indian Woman to Win CWG Boxing Gold